Sunday, May 1, 2011

First Day(s) in Paris.

My first flight to Paris was cancelled- Thanks to storms all over the east coast. That was disappointing- but it gave me another opportunity to say goodbye to these cuties. (I know they look sad- but I promise they love me)



After a long flight (complete with crying baby), I arrived in Paris yesterday.

My host family and my roommates are great! We all had dinner together last night. It was delicious- and we had cheese before dessert. Also- I learned that the French do not put their bread on their plates! Here, it is correct to place your bread on the tablecloth! Seriously, their house looks straight out of a French movie (pictures to come).

Yesterday was fun, but today was really my first day in Paris. We woke up early to go to church- it was way cool! I love how universal the gospel is. (AND I actually understood some of it) PS- guess who is in my ward? Not that I actually talked to her... Way too intimidating... Maybe next Sunday?

After church we went to find food, as we were ALL starving. Our host families don't ever feed us lunch- and none of us planned ahead...



So I had my first crepe in France! Jambon et Fromage- delicious. (AND of course I had to have a Coca-Cola Light. I promise- in Europe they so much better... I miss them at home)

Our Professor had told us that all museums in Paris are free on the first Sunday of each month- so we walked to the Louvre to go check it out.



Sadly, the museum was closed (tomorrow is the French labor day)- but I'm sure we'll have plenty of opportunities to go later. I'm with my roommates in the picture.

We spent the rest of the day just wandering through the city. It is so beautiful- it is so unreal that I am actually here!

1 comment:

Cortney said...

Looks like fun!

Je t'aime!